What is H2eco?
H2eco is a great opportunity to receive free water saving products which, where suitable, will be installed in your home, and it's all free. The products we are offering customers include ones to help save hot water and therefore can also reduce your energy bills.
Since October 2010, 19,503 other local people have been saving water and money and 99.2% of them have said they are pleased with the products they received having taken part in H2eco. In the latest project customers saved an average of 30 litres of water per day, resulting in a £32 saving on their water and sewerage bill.
Saving water not only helps preserve the precious and limited resource for the future but in turn provides a variety of other benefits. Saving water helps to protect the environment – something that is everyone’s responsibility. Producing and treating water requires a lot of energy and results in carbon emissions, as does heating the water for your shower or bath. Therefore, saving water will reduce your carbon footprint.
Here are five water tight reasons to sign up today:
- 1. It saves up to 30 litres of water a day in your home - which is a lot!
- 2. You can reduce your water and sewerage bills by up to £32 a year - enough for a nice meal out.
- 3. Essex is the driest county in the country so water is a precious resource.
- 4. Since October 2010, a whopping 19,503 other local people have been saving water and money already and 99.2% of them said they are pleased with what they received - so what are you waiting for?
- 5. And it's not just about saving water but you can save energy too! Heating water accounts for 25% of the energy use in the home. Some of the free products we offer can save hot water and therefore, help reduce your bills even further.
See it in action
Water saving tips
We're trying to cut our water use at Eden. We welcome over 850,000 visitors
a year and two million plants in our gardens, so if we can do it, you can too!
Frequently asked questions
Please check our frequently asked questions for more information about the project.